I am Firi Kamson, originally from Nigeria but I am currently globetrotting the world with my two kids and an amazing husband. We just relocated a few months ago to Perth, Australia, after spending 3 amazing years in Brunei Darussalam, which is located in the Borneo jungle, in South East Asia. I do not want to go into full details of my life in Brunei, but I must say that it was really amazing, making life long friends from different cultures, tribes, countries, religions and being able to explore practically the whole of South East Asia.
This website is a journal of everything about me; my life as a writer, a crafter, a mother, a traveler and everything in between the good, the bad and the ugly. I’ll specifically talk about writing, keep you informed with my current work, new releases of my books, writing tips, what I have learned through my writing journey, mistakes and the pleasures of the writing world. I’ll also let you in on my day to day living as I struggle to find my place in this beautiful continent (not every tiny bit, don’t worry I do not want to scare or bore you (winks), and occasionally post pictures of my craft projects as I also run an online hand made/hand painted store.
Fun things about me:
• After actively trying to get pregnant for 4 years, we were blessed with our sweet heart, a beautiful amazing girl, 17th September 2012 and our surprise baby boy 30th May 2014.
• I am a bit addicted to Coca Cola (don’t judge me).
• A bit disappointing for my mum seeing that she is a professor (lol), I do not like anything that has to do with academic reading, studying or writing but I have a bachelors degree in foreign languages and literature. I am a certified translator. I am a certified multi lingual language teacher and a certified real estate sale agent for Western Australia. How? Magic I guess….
• I have been a blogger once and knew nothing about it but I was able to grow it uniquely to about 50,000 page views daily.
• I married my boss (don’t ask me about that).
• I love shopping.
• If I could travel every day I would but seeing that it isn’t physically possible I’ll stick to traveling occasionally
• I hate cooking but I am considered a chef by my kids (bless their innocent hearts)
• I miss my family: my mum, my siblings, sometimes I want to just go to my parents home and be spoilt by my mum. sighs.
• I am a speed junkie
• I dream of becoming a pilot one day. I hope that happens in my life time.
• After the birth of my son, I have been on a constant diet.
• I love helping people
• I love making friends and I love sharing ideas and tips of things I have learned.
If you want to have a chat, or send me an email, or ask me any questions or maybe have cyber coffee together or just be informed with upcoming projects, please subscribe to my newsletter and you will know all the exciting things happening on this site. Guess what? A free e-book of my current novel: The Journal will be yours. I hope you would enjoy the read as much as I have enjoyed writing it.
Note: I read and reply to every single email or message personally. It might take a while because of my busy schedule but I will always get back to you 🙂